Monday, April 18, 2011

Tax Day Memories


As I finish preparing my taxes today I'm reminded of my first memories of money.  When I was a kid my first bank account was at this building on Eagle Rock Blvd.  As I remember it was called California Federal at the time.  I had a little book that I would bring in to the teller when I wanted to make a little deposit, and they would stamp it and hand write the amount in the little book.  I probably still have that book somewhere! 
I didn't appreciate it at the time,  but this building has some really nice lines.  I do remember noticing that the huge tower wall is covered with mosaic tiles and thinking that must have taken a while to lay! Other than adding some new signage and updating the bank branch itself, a lot of the building is original!  

No comments:

Post a Comment