Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Weekend 2



Yesterday in honor of Father's Day Weekend I featured the first home that my Dad designed and built in Eagle Rock.  Today I present his last Eagle Rock house.  It was built in the early 1980s,  and was the first home where my siblings and I were really able to help in the construction!  This home was a departure from his previous 4 E.R. homes,  which were all wood framed. This one-of-a-kind home was built using masonry blocks and had poured concrete slabs for all floors. He still did a lot of his trademark custom woodwork on both interior and exterior, and some incredible built-ins, including a giant lazy-susan hidden in the kitchen paneling that provided over 100' of shelf space in a 6' wide wall! I have lots of great memories in this beautiful home!
Thank you dad, for raising us in such exciting and unique homes, and Happy Fathers Day!!  


I created a book that features all of my father's Eagle Rock homes.   Click here to see a book preview.  

No comments:

Post a Comment