Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Walk to School - Part 1


OK,  I'm cheating, this is not a recent picture, but was probably taken around 1969, when I was about 7 years old. This is one of 5 houses my dad built on this hill, so my walk to school started around here until I was about 9 years old.  His first, second, and fifth houses are still in remarkably original condition,  but this third one, built in 1964-5 has been significantly altered.  (For more about my dad's houses check out the link for my book at the bottom of this blog!) 

These homes are built onto the steep hillside and all have a great view of the entire Eagle Rock Valley.  My mom was able to sit on the deck and see me walking part of the way to school, although I don't think I knew that at the time!  

The rest of this series will feature current photos of things I remember from my walk to Eagle Rock Elementary School,  more than 40 years ago! 

No comments:

Post a Comment